HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2002, 12:16 PM
schmalts

Default RE: I want to become a hunting guide, what must I do?

Surestrike , your the type of guide/outfitter me and many others dont need, and some do. You either dont listen or read. If you read my post earier you would have read my reason for using a guide/outfitter. Yes i do have it figured out how to hunt, and dont need a guide for the most part but having a caller is help while bowhunting. I stated before, that some guys pay for having a good area or private land pre-scouted before they get there due to limited vacation time to pre-scout. And just so you know, i do tell the outfitters that i am a good hunter and what i want from them.I also tell them to be up front with me on quality of the animals because i would be pissed if he was lying, and if i could do better on public land. not everyone need you to hold their hand,or cook fancy meals to make up for poor hunting land. Every time i go on my own i find big animals, but spend the first 5 days of my 10 day hunt scouting them out. My time is valuable and i would rather pay to have those 5 days for hunting, and i know a lot of guys who are in the same boat. Thats what i need a guide for, any more questions Mr Pro guide? Beaver Jack sounds far more knowledgable than you, by realising that the guide/ hunter match is important, and to have a good time. For me that means hunt hard, find game, eat anything, spike camp if needed to do so. You sound like the guy who only wants fat lazy clients who dont know anything . There are a lot of crooked Outfitters out there who hire any body with a guide permit, and will lie their asses off just to get your money, so if you take offense at that it makes me wonder what side of the fence your outfitters ride on.

Edited by - schmalts on 10/29/2002 13:21:16