HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2002, 06:38 AM
schmalts

Default RE: I want to become a hunting guide, what must I do?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Now Schmalts what is this B.S. about &quot;not becoming a guide if your not a good hunter&quot; Some of the hunt instinct is natural but a big part of it is learned. Or did you hit the ground bugling those 400 class bulls in on your baby rattle? Give the kid a break...everybody has to start somewhere.

Edited by - surestrike on 10/27/2002 13:57:44
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
I agree, but should a guy who is just starting as a guide who is NOT a good hunter be taking out clients on lets say, expensive private land hunts? I think your not getting my point. Like i stated, you need to match up the right combo of hunter and guide. Also need to match the right guide to the right hunt. Do you really think this kid should learn about guiding on a hunt that a client is paying big money for a once in a lifetime hunt? I think he would start on a different level of hunt, and work his way up. Some guys are not rich, and spend a couple months of take home pay on a hunt and deserve to have a better guide than a newby thats learning, and may have less expertise than the hunter himself. If you think that anyone who has a guides liscense is qualified ,That would be BS in my opinion.
I know guides put up with a lot of fat out of shape high rollers, but not all clients are that way. Its funny, every time i used a guide thats all the guides did was rip on the past hunts clients. Maybe they should consider a new line of work if they cant handle the reality of the fact that not all clients are good fit hunters.