HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fixed or Mechanical??
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 04:08 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Fixed or Mechanical??

ORIGINAL: lcfirechief

Regardless of wether or not you think I should be hunting here is not the question. I have only been bowhunting for one year. I am sorry if I don't know all there is yet. I had a perfectly good question, and decided to ask. I guess I'll seek my answer elsewhere. Thanks anyway.
I'm sorry but I have to agree with the others here. You posted a question about something you heard about fixed broadheads.
I had heard that if you used fixed, you have to reset your sights.
I don't know who you heard this from, but I can assure you if I heard that I would ask WHY that is. And if you ask why you would have got the answer you seek, and that is: they should both fly the same! The only reason why they don't is because your BOW is not tuned.

Now what you don't know (obviously) is, by letting the others here know you have no idea what it is to tune your bow, you are not taking bow hunting seriously. Because if you did you would realize that, that step should not be overlooked. Am I making any sense here?

I suggest as others have that you go back to step one and take the time to UNDERSTAND your bow, how and why it works and what you need to do to get it (the bow) to shoot as true as it can possibly do. I guaranty you will never post a question like that again. It's not that the question was bad (no such thing) it's what it implies that is.

Sometimes we are in such a hurry to run out and hunt that we don't take the time and the STEPS needed to ensure that we are as prepared as we should be.

I hope you understand how disturbing that post was as you are only two days away from opening day and you have not taken the time to understand your bow and how it should work.