HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Safety Bright Clothes?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 06:35 PM
TimberCreek

Default RE: Safety Bright Clothes?

Well here's my opinion on your question: Yes there are stupid hunters, and stupid drivers and stupid doctors and lawyers etc.etc.
Somestatesrequire hunter orange. Here in missouri just last spring a turkey hunter blasted his hunting buddy when he heard him call. So again yes it is a dangerous sport but we love it so much we have no choice but to go, after the first huntit is in our blood and we think about itall year long. Don'tknow where you hunt or if it is private or public land. I have never hunted public land because it scares the hell out of me. On my land I only wear orange during the required times and I usually break the law and take itoff after I am in the stand and hang it so it can still be seen but not blow around. But again I am on my land and if I survive a trespassershooting at me on my land they won't survive. On public land you have no idea who is there and what level of qualification as a hunter they are.I have only killed 28 deer, but I can say mostexperianced hunters after a first few hunts are self taught responsible hunters that will not shoot until they are absolutely sure at what they are shooting at. Even if I were bow huntingon public land I would still wear orange to and from my stand. Yes there are some very inexperianced stupid hunters in the woods and we take a risk every time we go, but we must!!