HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer management help?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Iron Archer
Fork Horn

Default Deer management help?

Hey everybody!

I have a question for all you guys and girls out there. Do you believe deer management can be obtained in an area that runs dogs for hunting? I am hunting a new area this year and it is basically my property but I dont actually own it ( brother-in-law's). If it were mine I would put up a low fence to keep dogs out. But that is not an option.
Not to stir up any bad feelings but I am not fond of hunt clubs and the reason is that I have been a member of a few different clubs and its all politics and arguing about where to hunt and who gets the better stand and blah...blah...blah. Now I'm not downing any of your clubs out there I am just talking about persomal experience.
Anyway my main question is do you think management is possible on this 80acre piece of land or am I just wasting time. I have already put in three food plots and once the weather turns cold there will be about three more going in.

Thanks for any replies and remember I am not trying to start a debate about club hunting or still hunting.