HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your thoughts on my form.
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Your thoughts on my form.

[ul][*]Draw elbow too low........mainly due to your poor anchor.[*]Anchor is very bad. Your sooooo far back you won't ever achieve any consistency. The combination of a much too long string loop and long barreled release has you probably 2" off where yo should probably be anchoring.[*]Draw length is probably a little long.....which makes the first 2 even worse.[*]Bow arm shoulder is rotated over the top rather than locked down into position (too long draw, bow arm too straight)[*]Too much heel in the grip[*]Don't grip your release......let the fingers hang naturally. Tension causes all sorts of fun things from torque to target panic.[*]I hope you aren't aiming at a sofa pillow.[:-][/ul]
The main thing right now to address is the horrible anchor point. Seriously it's not good. My advice? Shorten the draw length 1/2" if possible, cut the loop length at least in half and get yourself a string loop style release such as a Scott 'Wildcat" "Sabertooth" or "Rhino".......a Carter "Quickie", Tru-Ball "Short and Sweet" or the like.