HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rocky mountain Snypers ?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 10:31 PM
ranchand99
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rocky mountain Snypers ?

I was watching Chris Ashley on the primos video using the snyper so I tried them.First deer complete pass through,blood everywhere.Second deer spined,it went 6" through the backbone.I have never seen a broadhead go through a backbone.They usually stop in it,with my set ups anyway.In reference to kick out.I will tell you this.Now I hate to admit it ,but this is a true story.I had a doe come in.She was broadside with the right side of her body towards me.I put it behind her shoulder.I released.She ducked,spinning toward me,and tried to turn around to head back in the direction she came from.The arrow hit her in the left side of the face,cut along the jawbone,then busted through her neck paralizing her instanly.Not what I wanted,but I was amazed.The tip of the broadhead curled.But it did not ricochet off of her jawbone.AMAZING.I will tell you how it is.The snyper entry wounds are larger than the exit holes,because of the way the blades slap out.I have had no rubberband failures or problems.They are sharp.So,there is truth to what Pabowhntr said,but they are still great heads.The new snyper xp3 has 3 blades,and a sharp cut on impact chisel tip.I would try them if I were to go back to mechanicals.Hope I helped.