HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TRUE ROBINHOOD?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 01:49 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: TRUE ROBINHOOD?

I think it should happen just as the story is told.

As most of you know Robin Hood was engaging in a shooting match with another archer. When the other archer put his arrow in the DEAD center of the target and there was not room for another arrow. All who witnessed the event thought Robin Hoodhad been bested and lost the contest. It was then that Robin Hood put his next arrow into his opponents and split it down the center. (so the story goes)

To me a true Robin Hood is where another archer is shooting for the center bull and hits it. Then with theNEXT arrow another archer shoots the exact same shot ie:hitting the nock and splitting the other arrow. I can be flexible and allow for the same archer to split his own arrow but it MUST be the very next shot.

If not then I think ANYBODY who can put arrows in the center ring consistantly will end upRobin Hoodinghis own arrow if they shoot enough and leave enough in the target. If I have 10 arrows in the center ring and keep shooting there I'm bound to hit one of the at some point.

Now, if you can hit/split the arrow of another archer (or yours)with the very next arrow then I would consider it a "Robin Hood" but I would still like it to be as it was in the story ie:A perfect shot was followed by a perfect shot. I think it adds to the pressure of the moment.