Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRUE ROBINHOOD?

Old 07-31-2005, 03:16 PM

Default TRUE ROBINHOOD?

In a Robinhood, do both arrows have to be yours? Today while at the walking range I mentioned in my "Tips on holding steady"post, I was with 3 other guys, on one of the 60 yard targets shooter A Robinhooded shooter C's arrow, then, ironicly it reversed.Shooter CRobinhooded shooter A's arrow 3 targets later at 45 yards. Are these true Robinhoods? I have been under the impression that a Robinhood was when you shoot your own arrow while shooting at the same spot on target. There were approx 8-10 arrows in the targets each time. I asked at the time and they said yes, they were pretty pumped so I did'nt question any further.

Metro
Old 07-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TRUE ROBINHOOD?

A true robinhood is two shots. First oneyou center punch the target then the second arrow shafts the first arrow.

All your buddies did was shaft another arrow [8D]
Old 07-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

True, you put 8 arrows in a 3 inch circle and Danial Boone could get a Robbin Hood. HUH? Oh well you get what I mean.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

A true robinhood is two shots. First oneyou center punch the target then the second arrow shafts the first arrow.
I think a LOT of folks think it's jamming as many arrows as you have into a group and then if you ruin a couple you can call it a "robin hood". It's first and second arrow accuracy IMO.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If shooter C was intentionally trying to hit shooter A's arrow , then it's a true robin hood. Doesn't matter who's arrows they are if your trying to hit it and you succeed , it's a robin hood.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

If shooter C was intentionally trying to hit shooter A's arrow , then it's a true robin hood. Doesn't matter who's arrows they are if your trying to hit it and you succeed , it's a robin hood.
Not to piss on anyones cheerios but Isee that as just shafting another arrow. A robin hood to me is first you must center punch the target and follow that up with an identical shot. In other words a perfect shot with a perfect follow up shot.

Shafting another guys arrow to me is just that, a shafted arrow.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Interesting that everyone is choosing a different way of defining it. I tend to take the exact opposite approach as Buckeye.

Any arrow with another arrow stuck into the back of it (regardless of who shot it, where it is on the target or how many arrows are around it) would be a robin hood by what I have always believed.

Good topic for discussion though.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think any arrow that shafts another is a robin hood. You can't really brag about it if it's accidental though.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

The story is that Robin hood put his arrow in the back of a competitor and his arrow was a bulzeye. In those days people pared off and tried to best each other. So a robbin hood is as buckey said except he didn't shoot his own shaft. However if the bullseye is the nock of anothers shaft regardless of where it is it would also be a "robbin hood". It is intentionallly shooting ANOTHERS shaft.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:03 PM

Make it harder, be prouder

Quick Reply: TRUE ROBINHOOD?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.