HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats your fastest hunt?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Whats your fastest hunt?

Oh crap I forgot, the year before last I killed a doe on the way to my stand. It was just standing in the path. I ducked into the corn and nocked an arrow. I eased back out she was still standing there so I shot here at about 21 yards. Probably five minutes into my hunt If you don't count driving time. My buddy showed up a few minutes later and we field dressed her and drug her out of the way. We hunted the rest of the evening and took her with us when we left.

How could I forget that, it was pretty crazy.

He said had I waited I probably could have killed a buck since it was during the rut. That is why she was standing there being stupid, she was waiting to be bred. Oops, another lesson learned. Hey, I was impressed I killed a deer from the ground, even if it was sort of by accident. He was kind of pissed I killed a doe during the rut. He forgets that I'm new at this sometimes. Hey, I had a doe permit why let it go to waste? I told him maybe in 10 years or so I will be more selective, but now I just want the experience. He apologized and said he remembers what it was like when he first starte. He said it took him a few years before he ever killed a deer at all and he was not too picky about what it was either.

Didn't see crap at my stand though a few hundred yards away. However my buddy killed a deer the next day not far from where I killed the doe.

Paul