HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !
Old 07-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

Very good story arrowslinger as we all can learn from that as its easy to get in a hurry or lazy to get set.
To answer the original question, not sure if you call it scared, but I would callmyself as beingcautious. Hunting in grizzly country, I'm not sure if I'm hunting or being hunted. Do I think about it while goingto and from my stand before or after dark while bowhunting? Do I think about it as I'm sitting on a ridge immulating a cow elk that also sounds like a wounded animal in distressed as I am dressed in camo and scent bottles out? I sure do as I am slipping through the bush by myself and quiet hoping I don't surprise a bear as my flashlight lights a tree that a griz has scratched and knolled on. Not to mention the bear crap on the trails while enroute. No I would not call it scared, maybe a challenge though knowing that I'm not on top of the food chain.
Sometimes you have to meet fear head on and then ask, what is the worst thing that could possibly happen? As what happened to arrowslinger, we are our worst enemy. Good luck.
Bobby