HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !
Old 07-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Jack Ryan
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

ORIGINAL: LungBuster101

Hey All ,
Welp I Got a Freakin Problem ! Its bad too.
I've got a fear too walk into Public Huntin lands in the Dark , i think something is gonna Pop out and Kill me or Eat me and no one will ever find out ! But like on Private Land I dont have a problem too walk-in in the Dark ! Also I got a problem think i'm gonna roll up on a crazy Yahoo Killer in the woods that will shoot me cause i'm in his Hunting Spot , also them Bears get me going too ! Can anyone Help me out on this Tiny Problem ? And Did you / or do you still get the creeps walkin in dark too your hunting Spot ?
Thanks Alot ,
LungBuster101

Call Me a Chicken But you could really Walk up on a Crazy Yahoo nows Days that will shoot you rather than look at you !Its Happened !
Crazy yahoos?
Could you be more specific? Is it the paranoid meth lab guys with their shotguns waiting in the bushes? Or may be it't the pot smokers with booby traps and trip wires that really give ya the willeys

Forget the yahoos. That time of day you are waaaay more likely to step on a poisonous snake heading home after a night of hunting. Like a copper head or rattle snake. They love to get out there in the middle of a path so they can warm up in the sun as soon as day light hits.

I wouldn't worry about it though, you would never have a clue until you already stepped on one and it was too late.