HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !
Old 07-29-2005, 12:31 AM
usa
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

yeah MATT/PA that's the kind of advice an idiot give's someone asking for help.just because you aren't afraid of the dark doesn't mean that other's aren't, I grew up with an abusive father that loved to scare the crap out of me on the way to the deer wood's and then drop me off in pitch dark in the wood's unarmed and tell me to make noise and head toward's him to scare deer . it took me year's to overcome my fear but I did and now I'm in b/4 light and out after dark. I'm 6.2 and 230 lbs and you couldn't scare me with a gun to my head (which has been done ) yet I was terrified of the dark ! give this kid credit, courage isn't the absence of fear it's overcoming fear. My advice to you son would be that you are safer in the wood's than you are at home, darkness is your friend if you can't see them than they probably can't see you.you've admitted to yourself that you are afraid that was the hard part( as some of these macho men have declared REAL MEN DON'T GET SCARED thats b.s, now you need to work on getting over it ,to startstop watching that scary crap on tv and try to put an image to the sound like owl/deer etc, knowledge is power and the more you analyze your problem the less it will be a problem and like someone else said you are the baddest sob in the woods, let the dark be scared of you