HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - tell me your opinion
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 12:35 AM
GSPsnFORDs
Typical Buck

Default RE: tell me your opinion

Well, inside corners (red arrows) are usually a good bet but something tells me to also place a stand at the secondary corner (yellow arrows). The reasonI say this is because there seems to be some less dense brush/trees (what the light blue arrows show....if that's their travel patterns) that kind of lead towards that dip. If I had a topo map too, I'd probably be able to make a better prediction. But, either way, we're talking deer hunting. They're creatures of habit for the most part but once season/pressure is on, their patterns can change drastically. Is there any way you can post up a topo of the same area??

EDIT: After looking at that some more and knowing that those fields are grass, the bottom inside corner might be a good bet during the rut. If you look, there's a fence row running SE to NW (if hypothetically North is straight up) and bucks might be cruising between that small patch of timber to the bigger patch/field you can hunt. Also, the bottom inside corner and maybe futher to the right there might be a decent spot to hunt during early season because of that stretch of timbe running to the pond.