Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 tell me your opinion >

tell me your opinion

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tell me your opinion

Old 07-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: tell me your opinion

.i was thinking that lower corner of the field about 20-25 yards inside that....let me know
I like that idea as well. It seems to serve as a natural funnel area between two larger woodlots.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:10 PM

i went to penn state but i am back home now outside of philly
Old 07-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Typical Buck

Well, inside corners (red arrows) are usually a good bet but something tells me to also place a stand at the secondary corner (yellow arrows). The reasonI say this is because there seems to be some less dense brush/trees (what the light blue arrows show....if that's their travel patterns) that kind of lead towards that dip. If I had a topo map too, I'd probably be able to make a better prediction. But, either way, we're talking deer hunting. They're creatures of habit for the most part but once season/pressure is on, their patterns can change drastically. Is there any way you can post up a topo of the same area??

EDIT: After looking at that some more and knowing that those fields are grass, the bottom inside corner might be a good bet during the rut. If you look, there's a fence row running SE to NW (if hypothetically North is straight up) and bucks might be cruising between that small patch of timber to the bigger patch/field you can hunt. Also, the bottom inside corner and maybe futher to the right there might be a decent spot to hunt during early season because of that stretch of timbe running to the pond.