HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need info on the Hastings Slug Barrel
Old 07-15-2005, 01:32 PM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need info on the Hastings Slug Barrel

AJ,

I bought the one with the one with the cantilever scope mount for my wife. I put it on my old Lt. weight 20 ga. 1100 Rem. I had a good laugh with that setup last year. I was braggin about how good that gun would shoot and that it would kill a deer at 150 yards etc. and my buddy started busting on me pretty hard so I bet him $20 that I could hit his hat 3 out of 3 shots at 150 yards. I hadn't shot it at a 150 yards and I wasn't going to let my wife shoot at anything that far but I just knew the gun would shoot it based on how well it shot for me, while playing, out to 100 yards. Well he took the bet and we set up and I took a couple of practice shots to make surewhere the gun was shooting at 150 yards but he backed out after he saw the two shot group that I shot while preparing Shooting those Rem. Core Lokt Ultra Bonded Sabot Slugs sighted in 1" high at 50 yards, I was only shooting about an1.5" - 2"low at 150 yards.That ain't bad with a slug gun[8D]