HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does Triple-7 out perform Pyrodex
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Mark whiz
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does Triple-7 out perform Pyrodex

Which ignition do you have in your Knight, MD Piney? My USAK still uses #11 caps and I have no problem with the "ring" at all. I think it is more of an issue when using the hotter 209 primers.

If it forms, it'll bedown by the breechplug, 1 to 2 inches above it. I usuallyjust work a spit patch down my bore in short, fast, descending strokes until I hit the plug, then pull it out, turn the patch over and run the other side down in the same manner and I'm ready to go. Whatever you do, don't stop moving the rod as you're doing it this or else it will get stuck as you near the breechplug. If this doesn't work, try using a spitpatch wrapped around a used bore brush in the same fashion as sometimes the addition of the bristles with the patch will get the job done.

OH, BTW.....................make SURE you have a good anti-sieze or breechplug grease on the plug's threads before shooting any 777. If you don't, you will have a HARD time getting the plug out for cleaning. Personally, I've found that I have to use the teflon breechplug tape to keep from havng my plug freeze up on me when using 777.