HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gunpowder and fireworks!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 03:47 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gunpowder and fireworks!!!

you should be very careful with acetaline its very volatile and unstable outside of a tank. A friend of mine was filling a plastic trash bag with acetaline, if you shoot a trash bag full of acetaline with a 22 it has a very loud report and huge fireball, but at the same point its very very dangerous. anyway back to my story, my friend was inflating the bag with acetaline after it was inflated he was wrapping a rubber band to keep the end closed mind you Im standing about 10 feet away, static electricity on the plastic bag set off the acetaline, The report inside his barn was so loud I had actually lost my hearing for several days and today I have permanant loss of hearing, my arm hairs were all singed with some minor burns this wasnt the worst my friend on the other hand was holding this zeplin/hydrogen bomb he lost sight in one eye completely and temporarilly lost sight in the other had 2nd degree burns over 30% of his body arms face and chest the acetaline fire burned through his shirt, had a broken nose, 12 broken teeth 4 cracked ribs, and lost 4 fingers off his left hand.we were very lucky the concussion didnt kill us both.