HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - fingers?
Thread: fingers?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 08:35 PM
BuckAlley
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fingers?

I've been shooting fingers for yrs, I've also tried many rel aids. I have found a rel. aid that I do like. But I like the advantages fingers gives you while hunting. I've had to many occasions in the deer woods, where a quick deal suddenly comes up on surprise. Whether it be a deer that comes from no where, or one you walk upon unexpectedly. Getting those fingers onto the string is much quicker, and takes little extra precautions to do it, its a natural thing. A rel. aid you have to insure you get that aid attached correctly. I'm sure its easier with practice, but it still takes more care. 2nd we've seen a new trend in arrow rests totally supporting the arrow, so it can't fall off the rest in the heat of the moment, why do think that is? You have less control drawing that arrow back with a rel. and the arrow staying on the rest, and if it does pop off how do you get it back on?? By using your grip hand, pointer finger to place the arrow back on its rest, which can alter your form. If the arrow happens to pop off using fingers, its a much simpler fix because you can place it back on using your string hand!
Now both do have their advantages, and I honestly feel to be a well rounded archer try using both. Start with fingers for awhile, then try a few rel. aids. See which you like better. In the event you do use a rel, and something happens to it in the woods. You can always fall back onto the fingers with some adjustsments, and reminder practice. You just never know what can happen in the hunting woods!!!