HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Colorado Unit 76 Guides?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 04:22 PM
AK NIMROD
Typical Buck

Default RE: Colorado Unit 76 Guides?

i hunted that in 2001. discuss altitude sickness with you private MD i took 2 meds to help lessen chances of giving it. I think they were prednisone and dimox.
i came across one pair of hunters that one of the guys was very ill, they thought he had the flu....probably was alt. sickness and i suggested they get to a lower alt. they were at 11,000 . they left next morning. You don't want a hunt spoiled by a preventable illness. i hunted multiple areas. 2 areas out rt. 149 out of Creede aand one north of Creede out a dirt road. there is alot of public land. i was with a friend that lives about an hour east of Creede he drove and i really did not pay enough attention to what the names of roads or places were. We used 4 WD p/u to get to most of the areas. one area West of 149. we went a short distance off on dirt road then at trail head took four wheelers back in quite a ways to the boundry of the wilderness area. that was where we set up camp. We spent too much time moving and not enough hunting. i missed a small 5 or 6 point last day....He saw me draw and ducked and bailed. I did not see alot of animals but could have done better than i did.
i will try to contact my friend and see if he knows any guides in that area.
-pat