HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gotta vent on this one!@#$!!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 10:01 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gotta vent on this one!@#$!!

If I read your post right, it ain't so much that he killed it where he did, but that it wasn't true...Right? (I know you said you went to the same place and disagreed with the operation, but had he told the truth and would it be OK?) Newspaper's that print articles are subject to the facts given, however they can if just cause is given retract statements in an editor type column. This maybe a quiet way to get the truth out. I think in this case I would right a letter to the "hunter/BS artist" and the story writer if different, just giving them the heads up this stuff is not good for hunting in general. Let them know you know the real facts and in future don't pump something thats not or it could become damaging to the sport. Also maybe mention if the guys biz ever goes teets up, he could try a career as a friction writer...man gall I tell you, why would he ever put such a BS Story in the public and really why? Oh maybe b/c is biz is going teets up and generate a little flow....marketing!

Good luck, tough situation!