HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pig shoot
Thread: pig shoot
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Smokem Joe

Default pig shoot

My friends and I have talked about a wild boar hunt for several years. Recently we have started to get more serious, several concerns were raised related to legitamacy of the hunt.

We don't care for canned hunts, and have frequently self guided for concerns such as these (not always successfully). We also live in different areas than we used to one of us is in Montana and the others are in Iowa. We also use different means of aquiring game rifle, muzzle loader, shot gun, and bow. (none of us can hit the broad side of a barn with a hand gun capable of tagging a large boar).

Do any of you have an idea on an area to hunt that is cheap (this will vary, I know), where you can use a variety of weapons (primarily rifle and bow), the hunt isn't canned (limited shooting over bait, water holes are ok, and we would prefer the pigs to have something wild in them (russian boar, etc)), the distance some what between Montana and Iowa (california and washington are probably out as well as tennesse, etc.).

thanks