Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

pig shoot

Old 06-20-2005, 05:06 PM

Default pig shoot

My friends and I have talked about a wild boar hunt for several years. Recently we have started to get more serious, several concerns were raised related to legitamacy of the hunt.

We don't care for canned hunts, and have frequently self guided for concerns such as these (not always successfully). We also live in different areas than we used to one of us is in Montana and the others are in Iowa. We also use different means of aquiring game rifle, muzzle loader, shot gun, and bow. (none of us can hit the broad side of a barn with a hand gun capable of tagging a large boar).

Do any of you have an idea on an area to hunt that is cheap (this will vary, I know), where you can use a variety of weapons (primarily rifle and bow), the hunt isn't canned (limited shooting over bait, water holes are ok, and we would prefer the pigs to have something wild in them (russian boar, etc)), the distance some what between Montana and Iowa (california and washington are probably out as well as tennesse, etc.).

thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 05:10 PM

Default RE: pig shoot

we can turn out pigs to shoot any day, but something that is feral or has wild blood in it holds alot of appeal. I'm quessing that texas area will get most of the votes. wouldn't even mind dogs as long as you finish with a knife, not shooting at a tired old sow that has been chased into the corner by dogs.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think Texas or Missouri are your best bets. THey both have huge hog problems, and I know about Texas, but am not sure on Missouri, but in Texas they are year round no limits. Weapons would depend on the land owner.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:57 PM

You can get hunts in Texas for 150.00 per person for all the pigs you want to shoot.They are actually a problem for some ranches here and they welcome hunters to come in and help them with population control. You will also pay for accomadations and they will run somewhere around a 100.00 per day. Various types of hunts are available, gun, bow, knife, day hunt, night hunt pretty much anything you want. Search on the web site for Pig hunting texas and that should get you started
Old 06-22-2005, 04:01 PM

Forgot to mention there is not a season on Pigs in Texas, you can hunt them year round
Old 06-23-2005, 02:30 PM

If Texas is an option there are alot of places that do package hunts on ebay try hunting with jeff. He usually has hunts for audad rams and three pigs plus all the coyotes and bobcat per hunter. First class accomadations and the price is reasonable anywhere from 300-500 per person. Also try wild hog hunt about 185 to 250 one pig and predators accomadations are not as good as Jeffs but still pretty good.Both will use dogs if asked and both have websites.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:28 PM

I went on a "hunt" in Tennessee. If I could do it all over again I would go to Texas. Check and see if the Venedo Grande ranch is still open. One, it is huge and low fenced. Two, they have LOTS of hogs. Three, they have good looking accomodations. Four, when your group goes their, you are the only hunters their. You have the place all to yourself. Five, you can take an unlimited amout of hogs. Six, it was extremly reasonable. Yo just have to take your own food. They have sattelite TV, airconditioning, and a bass pond right out front. I emailed them, and they sent me a video for free. Might want to check into it. Good luck
Old 06-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been Bowhunting (never have gun hunted) hogs on a regular basis the last 3 years in Texas & Oklahoma when Deer season is closed.. Oklahoma is Archery only & 1 other in Texas, you can use anything PLUS they do Knife & catch alive IF you want. These are with hounds & they also have stand hunts.
I Bowhunted WITH hounds as Iwanted a hunt like this for a Bowhunting Hog Video I am making. Ray Modisett 936-422-3602 near Lufkin/Diboll, Tx.. North East part of Tx.. Great person & very experienced. This is a pic. of the hog I took AFTER 3 hours & 6 charges. It "IS" a thrill & was my 1st hound hunt for anything. I am going to go back with my son at a later date. I live in the North East corner of Iowa .

Old 06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a hog I just took with Bow in Oklahoma this past Monday hunting near feeder. No matter how, It is lots of fun & can do year round.

Old 06-24-2005, 08:52 PM

We have tons down here in Florida, but stick with Texas. It's closer to you and East Texas is loaded. You'll probably get the best bang for the buck. You can shoot'em at night down there too. You'll have a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: pig shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.