HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 12 Ga. Close in killing
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Zoomer

Default RE: 12 Ga. Close in killing

OK and WOW what alot of advice. The morphine and beers have worn off and now I think cooler heads will prevail. The dogs are registered and have had recent rabies vaccinations. All things considered - I was pretty fortunate. My kids are OK. I have multiple puncture wounds on my left leg and a broken Humurus (upper right arm), and the attack (while incredibly unpleasant) was not excessively brutal. I know that sounds weird but they had me on the ground dead to rights and could have easily killed me if they wanted to - but didnt. I have spoken with the owners (after the cops and animal control spoke with them) and they know in no uncertain terms if they come on my property 1 more time they're toast. No questions. Animal control told me that this is the first incident of human attack by these dogs so now they are classified as "dangerous". 1 more attack and they get euthanaised. I laughed at them and said you must be kidding. They have to attack again to be put down?? What if they next guy isn't so lucky or the dogs are in a meaner mood?? Hence my decision to kill them next time they are on my property. I believe tripe oughts would do the job better than #5's. And I will be talking to an attorney tomorrow . Please dont take my initial post as a wanna - be - killer. I was truly upset at the misfortune I was dealt yesterday. I consider myself an ethical and responsible hunter. I wont go looking for them or for more trouble, but will be prepared to defend myself and my family and friends should it come looking for us. As they say' "make Love not war....but be prepared for both".