HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food Plot implement question
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 08:19 PM
arkansasbowhunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: Food Plot implement question

for what it is worth I talked with a fellow that has a plotmaster. He says it does a great job with larger grains but poorly with the smaller grains. It has 3 degrees of agressiveness on the disc and with a 40 hp tractor he can run it on the 3rd or most agressive cut but on an atv he said I would only be able to run on the 2nd degree. also, with an atv in his opinion it would take 2 passes to do everthing instead of one with a tractor. a tractor has the pto and can really make it work. now with all that being said, I have a disc and an 100lb spreader that I purchased for 500.00. I am looking at getting a harrow rake, lawn roller and a spot sprayer to complete my arsenal. I will have about 1000.00 in equipment vs the 3000.00 for the plot master. I may even make my own harrow rake out of a pipe and fence. if you are going to do small plots then you can get a seed drill like used in gardens for the big seeds such as soybeans or you can broadcast them also but you must use 30% more seed if you broadcast. hope this helps ya out.