HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fireline Review
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 08:15 PM
James B
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Fireline Review

I will keep in touch. When it first came out I tried the Berkley Gorrilla line. In the lighter weights it was worthless. It just twisted all up like you were saying about the Spider Braid. I just about quit on it until I decided to use up a spool of 30 lb test. I have had that on my 5000 Abu for years and years and have landed hundreds of big pike on it up in Sask. It still looked and worked like new. Last year I pulled it off and turned it around. Its good for another 10 years now. I bought one more spool of it and put it away. Its the best line I ever saw on a bait caster. Walmart still has it up here in 30 and 35 lb. Its really thin but tough as hell.

I like the lightnig rods too. I have three. A 7 ft medium action for slip bobbers. A 6 1/2 foot for lighter crankbaits and a 6 ft medium heavy for jigging.

We have a lake aboyut 40 miles east of us here thats loaded with Small Mouth. They are dandy size but all these people want to catch is Walleyes. Nothing else except a perch is even considered a fish. Almost nobody fishes for the Small Mouth but my wife and I love to go over there and spend the day catching them. They are fighters for their size. I just put a jig spinner on a jig and add a Mr Twister or even a little piece of night crawler and they just hammer it. We don't have many LG Mouth bass up here. Just Smallies and White Bass.