HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko?
Old 05-26-2005, 05:40 PM
SpyroAndes

Default RE: Here is a good one! Wonder what the liberals of Kalifornia say?Spyro?

ORIGINAL: rather_be_huntin

ORIGINAL: SpyroAndes

Again, I have yet to hear a legitimate reason as to why non-residents should pay 10x more than residents for tags.

Supply and demand, that's why. It's a way to generate much NEEDED revenue for management. It's that simple. You may think it unfair but oh well. If I want to hunt Idaho, which I probably will do this year, I have to deal with the same thing and it doesn't bother me one bit.

The high prices are a way to limit non-res numbers but still bring in the dollars for management.
If it was basic supply and demand, they would raise resident prices as well or are all hunts in wyoming undersubscribed?

Btw, your reasoning that they price the tags high for non-resident hunters to limit non-resident hunters is assinine... There is a quota system in place to limit the number of non-resident hunters. The pricing of the tag has ZERO impact on the number of tags issued to non-residents.

As for revenue for management, why should 25% of the hunter pool generate 75% of the revenue for management?