HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have a cabin in NC PA?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 12:17 PM
cardeer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone have a cabin in NC PA?

I'm not going to argue the point.but I was a enviromental engineer/consutant for the state and private industries for 40 years.Sure populated areas needs a septic system and eventually a municipal sewer plant. but I'm telling you there are not so honest deals being made between contractors and local politicians .Just for capital grant money for their own pockets. Example a scam including the townships,water testing firms and contractors is> The water testing labs make a deal with the townships to go and test the residents well water free. The only thing ,they dont do it right on puropose. I caught them myself.usually dont take the sample properly. they dont let the water run long enough,dont take the screen off the spicket. the Coliform count of course is high.Then the sale push comes.On a bigger scale if the township can get enough negative results they can recieve lots of free grant money. they tried to pull that in my township 2 years ago.A water testing rep showed up at my door.They were hired by the township. I let them do there thing. He polluted the sample with improper procedures. I then took my own sample .took it to another lab. His failed ,mine passed . I then wrote a letter to the township,testing company,state officials.What do you know the study was discontinued.I held what they called an A water and A wasterwater license .I realized they changed the license system the past couple years. and was a lab tech and had my own business,which I operated and consulted for 37 industries/ Like I said the day does come where popoulated areas do need a system.But in Clinton county in the mountains seems suspicious.I live right now in a township that has 1 home to every 2 acres. We have wells and just holding tanks.No municipal system. Wells just fine