HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - String Peep or Timberline No Peep
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 10:42 AM
extreme1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Peep or Timberline No Peep

They are saying that it is much easier to quickly find and line up the peep in low light conditions.With the 4 fiber optics built in,making it much brighter and easier.
I was going to quote this off their site but wasn't sure if we were allowed to
KEY word here is to QUICKLY FIND and LINE UP.Now Im thinking that if you have a good consistent form and your anchor is automatic,what is the difference in drawing back and anchoring in the dark or light.
I do understand that the light gathering optics on the peep will help with the brightness ,especially in low light conditions.But why put yourself through all the agony of trying to get it to line up for you when the time is critical in a treestand and a big buck is standing in front of you,giving you maybe only seconds to respond.
Using the No-Peep will train you to have a consistent anchor,concentrating only on the pins when the time is needed.No looking through a small hole of your peep,and also the consideration of your string twisting at just the wrong time causing you to look through a string on the peep,and adding in low light conditions,not a good combination in my oppinion.Thats why I am sticking with the NP.All I got is the pins on my site to worry about,and the rest is up to me.
Good luck on your decision