HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best place to shoot an elk??
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 11:37 PM
RobinHood36

Default RE: Best place to shoot an elk??

after this i studied bow hunting alot! i didn't want to have an animal last that long after a bow shot. what i have found is inlike a gun, with an arrow u want to hit the heart! PERIOD! an arrow kills by what? loss of blood, the heart is what pumps the blood= no heart no pumping. so this year i will hit the heart or under shoot all my game.
manboy, i really find it hard for me to believe that you study bowhuting alot, i believe you need to learn and listen from experienced bow hunters abroad. I think it is very un sportsman like in only trying to heart shoot such a magnificent animal like an elk. I go to many 3D archery shoots, and you should see the number of people trying to hit the 12 spot on the elk by the heart, alot of the shots end up in the front shoulder and many also end up too low, and not fatal for bringing down an elk. You not only owe it to yourself but to the animal you are trying to harvest, with the largest part of the vitals being the lungs, and in my opinion, the best shot and quickest humane shot for a bow, is to take a double lung shot. I am not trying to knock you, but take this info. for what its worth, between me and my two brothers, we have put down over 25 bulls-all DOUBLE LUNGED-- Nuff said...
Oh, and by the way, can you guarantee that you will undershoot your game if you miss the small target of a heart, --I think NOT!!!