HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - YOUTH TREATED UNFAIRLY
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 05:36 PM
Grnmtn

Default RE: YOUTH TREATED UNFAIRLY

Bob...
I was pretty sure both of your boys were shooting pins, but I wasn't going compleately out on the limb. I'm just a frustrated pin shooter watching our ranks getting shorter... we did have a small growth this year tho. Traditional Bow! Cool... if I had the time it takes to put towards that I would love to do it.

I too am a little disapointed with the I want to win more attitutde. Parents have to do a better job teaching good sportsmanship, playing with in the written rules and living by them. Good bad or seemingly unfair. It is a tough pill to swallow for the kid who did shoot all the legs but missed out becasue of numbers, It seems like someone could have bent a rule to accomadate the perserverence. But it is a tough call and if you make allowences for one it opens the door for all.

Sure there are kids who do compeate in the adults... Samantha Kline, heck Eric is/was a perfect example, but these kid are really exceptional. The reason I suggested that maybe one extra class spliting... the sr. youth is just that they are shooting adult equipment. Most people can't shoot pins as well as a moveable, but a pin shooter can shoot better using a moveable than if a moveable site shooter goes to shoot pins. They just aren't equal and are a bit different in aiming technique and fine tuning. But you know that. You've been on both sides of that fence. I will say for the record tho I can't see breaking the classes any more than that. Kind of like the last jumping off point before they have to shoot with us stuffy adults.

Anyhow good luck in the outdoors and maybe we'll cross paths indoors this year.

Brian