HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - lOSE-LOSE SITUATION
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 09:19 AM
germain
Nontypical Buck

Default lOSE-LOSE SITUATION

I'm afraid it's a no win situation here in PA for our game commission.Danged if they do and danged if they don't.I'm hearing alot of talk of hunters hanging it up which will make it more expensive for the remaining hunters to buy a license.So then I expect some of them will quit.Man I can't tell you when the last time was I saw a youngster out hunting.
Now we know deer hunting is our bread and butter here in PA.But honestly if an adult is stuck hunting on public land he can't keep thAt youngster interested with 5-12 dpsm.In plain words those are unhuntable numbers.
Then there's the USP.The lawsuit and against the PGC is going to do more harm then good.This agency is for the hunters plain and simple.They are just stuck in a rock and hard place getting pressure from both sides on the deer issue.The DCNR and audobon are lickin their chops waiting for a take-over.If the USP wants to sue anybody it should go after the DCNR.
There's quite a few hunters who are done hunting the state forests.So how is the DCNR going to keep the herd at 5dpsm?Another story I suppose.
I hate to be so doom and gloom but I really don't see any way the PGC can survive these issues.
If any of you guys feel they can survive all this I'd like to see your ideas.