HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need a trunk monkey for turkey hunting
Old 05-08-2005, 12:05 PM
frostybear

Default RE: I need a trunk monkey for turkey hunting

Oh I feel your pain. My husband and I got up early and even took 2 vehicles as a sign to others that this area was being hunted. We set up our blind and are having a great day even though it is rainy. About 0830 the turkeys are returning from feeding headed my way. I have 2 hens about 15 feet from my blind and we are just waiting for big Tom to come over this ridge in the field. My husband looks out and sees 2 young guys walking hunched over right through the middle of the field. The look at us and drop a decoy 75 yards in front of us then of all things lay down in a small shallow right next to their decoy. I was ripped. We couldn't call without a Tom walking to them. Shooting was out of the question given their position. We broke down the set up and I walked into the middle of the field and let them know what I thought of their behavior. Small town I will speak to mommy and daddy about this great hunter they are raising....never mind he could be killed if anyone shot their decoy. Their truck was right next to my husbands, had to know we were there. Day before it sounded like I'd won a calling contest over a young Tom when all of a sudden the other hunter fires twice, gets in his truck and leaves. I'm talking about hunting in Maine and I agree most are really considerate but lately the idiots seem to be taking over. Our local firing range was destroyed a few weeks ago by idiots. I can sure see why others post their land.