HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY OF VT
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 08:02 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY OF VT

nice pick!! sorry to hear about the other bird.....nevvvvvvvver unload that gun till you got him in your hands.....i dont care how dead my game looks....i try to stay alert and ready for something like that to happen.....i know in the heat of the moment you dont think clearly.....but thats a good habit to get into.....i know alot of guys take off sprinting...some leave there guns and everything laying there......trying to get to that bird quick.....i get there quick as i can...but im careful....and keep an eye on their heads....if it would come up id stop and get ready.....seen and heard of that happening too often.....heck....i hit a pheasant once...folded it perfectly...wasnt kickin or nothin....stone cold dead....15-20 mins later were workin the dog and all the sudden my game bag explodes.....im being beaten...kicked, spurred and flapped by a ringneck....talk about comical....my buddys reaching in there getting beat up trying to grab it.....it was nuts.....just knocked it out i guess.........thats a great pic though..i love it!