HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buffalo Bullet sabot loads
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Buffalo Bullet sabot loads

I had been shooting all day at the 100 yard line when the UPS man showed up with my Buffalo Bullets. The Black Diamond XR was filthy. I swabbed the bore real good and tried them anyway. Since I had Goex 2f there I loaded 100 grains of it and the Buffalo Bullets. They shot excellent groups off the bench rest.

These are my hunting long range shooting loads. In heavy brush I use No Excuse Conicals out of the scoped Black Diamond XR but if I know I will be watching fields then I load the Buffalo Bullet SSB's. They shoot excellent.

Triple Se7en was the person who suggested I try these and he was right on the money as usual with he load suggestions.

Another poster with a Black Diamond XR asked me about these bullets last year because he wondered if they would work on elk. He was shoot 110 grains of Triple Se7en FFg I believe it was. Well he was more then happy to report they work on elk just fine. Almost a full pass through he got with the projectile against the skin on the other side and he said the internal damage caused by them was excellent..

They also load real easy in the Black Diamonds. I think you're really going to like these. I sure do...