HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A bad reputation is hard to overcome!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 11:12 AM
JagMagMan
Giant Nontypical

Default A bad reputation is hard to overcome!

With all the ATV debate thats been going on lately, it's easy to see that not many people will be persuaded away from their bike of choice! It is that way with scopes, guns, and most any other things that we personally value. Personal preference, and opinion, are like A-holes, we've all got one!
That's great too! As long as you are not spending my money, and I'm not spending yours, who really cares what you spend your money on!
That being said, I'll get to the point. REPUTATION! Your personal experience, and what you see happening to friends around you, is what is going to set your mind one way or another!
Though I loathe Polaris, and love Honda, my point is not really to bash the one, and promote the other! Other than my personal experiences, the one common thing I have seen in these debates are that most Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Honda owners are favorable towards each others bikes! The one common, hated bike has got to be, what else!? The Polaris! Yet to give the Polaris it's due, it is one of the best selling bikes on the planet.
This is where starting out with a bad reputation can hurt you very far down the road. From what I've seen in the past, many 20+ yr. old Hondas still going strong, and many mid aged Polaris' that spent more time in the shop than in the woods, NEW Polaris may be the greatest thing since sliced bread! I will NEVER know that, because of their PAST REPUTATION, I'll never spend a penny on one!
I MIGHT be persuaded by price, to buy other than Honda, but from what I've personally seen and experienced, it just won't ever be Polaris!
REPUTATION, it proceeds you, it follows you!