HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisker Biscuit vs MZE
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Straightarrow

Default RE: Wisker Biscuit vs MZE

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> You should definitely get rid of the WB though....I hate those things and have never ever shot even one arrow through them?!?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Hmmmm! I always have trouble giving an opinion on something I've never shot.

Myself, I shot my WB way over 10,000 shots with no problems. My groups are 3-4&quot; at 40 yards. I can't imagine any other rest making them much better. If you use the right vanes and the right glue, the rest is not hard on the vanes at all. I have modified mine by trimming the back and cutting notches in it, but I know many who have done no modifications and love it.

Positives - your arrow will not fall off the rest, for any reason, ever. You draw back and never have to worry about anything, but hitting your target. There are no moving parts, no springs, cords, or other stuff that can fail or get torn off. You will not wear off teflon tips. You do not have to worry about prong movement or spring tension. All you do, is adjust center shot, nock height and bow draw weight to match your arrow spine, and then watch it throw darts at the target with no further adjustment or wear for the next couple of years - minimum.

Negatives - You may not be able to see your arrow tip, so shooting without sights could be difficult. It may be minutely less accurate, but if it is, I cannot detect it. It can be hard on fletchng if you are using the wrong type or the wrong glue. On some carbons, you can hear a barely audible hiss when drawing. With most arrow types, it is completely silent.

This is not a target shooter's rest. It is designed to be totally reliable in any hunting situation and I believe it succeeds admirably.