HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got my BUCK back...... PICS!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Buck Magnet

Default Got my BUCK back...... PICS!!!!!!

Well guys, even though I didn't shoot this buck with my bow, I thought that it was relavent to post here considering the events that lead to me taking this deer. As most of you remember, I was part of ILNYPAKY-EH in the archery contest and I had been hunting with my bow throughout rifle season. The contest meant alot to me and I really wanted to bag my buck with my bow! Well, after a mornings hunt, I came home and checked my food plot in my backyard just to have this buck get up and limp away. He was seriously injured and I made the decision to grab my rifle and head back after this deer even though I really wanted to get my buck with my bow. After a long stalk I was able to find the buck bedded down behind a tree and put a shot in him. When I walked up on him, I found that he had a broken front leg (bone sticking through the skin), and the other front leg had one of the hooves blown off!

Well, today I got him back from the taxidermist and I am very happy with him! The taxidermist aged him at 5-1/2 years old and he had a 20-1/8" outside spread! I just figured that I would post pics for everyone who was interested!