HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Divided we fall
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 08:01 AM
apmaurosr

Default RE: Divided we fall

Bob H in NH

I like that approach about "define xxxx." I'm sure that saves everyone a ot of frustration too.

Adams

The anti's are organized and focused and will not stop until they achieve their goals. In my state they funded a referendum to ban bear hunting over bait.
If we don't wake up and get active we are going to learn some hard lessons in the decades to come.
Right you are in your above quotes. In NJ we have seen hunting privledges erode significantly over the decades. Recently we had the state supreme court OVER-RULE Fish and Game and say that the commissioner of the DEP has final say over wildlife issues. The commissioner was against a bear hunt which had scientific documentation that it was needed. Politics has now encroached on wildlife management practices in NJ - no longer are biologists and empirical evidence needed to manage wildlife. All you need is a commissioner with a particular political leaning and ultimately that is how game limits - if any - can be decided.

This political affiliation goes even deeper in NJ. The commissioner and his allies are trying to add 3 anti-hunters to the fish and game council, and remove 3 hunters/farmers from the committee. Remind you that the majority of the funding for fish and game comes from hunters in the form of fees, licenses, and back to the state from the feds P.R. taxes collected.

So if anyone out there doesn't think time is of the essance with respect to the future of hunting just pay a visit to NJ. BTW - don't bring your rifle because you can't use it in NJ except in a few circumstances and watch out for deer because their are so many their roadkill are fixtures on NJ roads. Oh yea, watch where you step there are so many geese that feces is everywhere.

Ant