Community

TEAM #23 -"Full Strut"

Old 04-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TEAM #23 - New - need 2 more tho

CONGRATS Huntinladyit sounds like you guys and gals have had some awesome huntin'!!! I can't wait to see some pix!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:37 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Nice work Huntinlady!!! First Blood for the team!! Congrats to the kids also! Now lets see some pix!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:38 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Nice work Huntinlady!!! First Blood for the team!! Congrats to the kids also! Now lets see some pix!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go huntinlady get us a pict and weight and beard length and spur length andI'll get it entered !!!!!

I had a good day but bad day at the same time.I finly had a turkey working his way to me I was about 50 yrds from the road and a truck comes down the road and stops. The turkey turns to leave and the guy shoots the turkey[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]so i start yelling at the guy hes like o .......well its my turkey.I was so mad but figured id get his plate numb when he came back threw. cause we only have to have rear plates.SoI head towards the road and guess what no plate on the truck errrrrrrrrrrr. I'll be back out again next mon andtues gl to the rest of ya
Old 04-18-2009, 02:38 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Only in North Carolina Mudd!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 03:49 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Well it's the day befor my opener!!! But things have sort of taken a turn for the worst. My hot spot only had 3 hens in it last night and this morn, and the weather has gone from perfect to terrible! Rain all day tomorrow and then rain snow mix for tue and weds! Sounds like it's going to be a cold, wet week of hunting. But thats ok cause at least i'll be hunting!! Hoping the next post i put on here will be of a big ole bird! Good Luck to all!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 02:43 PM

well, sorry for the late post. congrats huntinlady on the first blood. I spent from sunup till noon on saturday tryin for them but we couldn't get a bird to talk. Gotta love public land. We are pretty confident the birds are henned up and people have been calling to the birds for the past 2 weeks getting them good and smart for the opener. hopefully i'll get out this week.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys! I was so excited to get to hunt. I had been watching the birds for about two weeks I was ready for them turkeys! I got to where I was going to set up, It was dark still and I happened to look out in the corn field and about 80 yards out I had seen what I thought was a big buck or a few deer and thought well the deer will get my wind and just scoot out of there. I had a boss gobbler going to town on the roost he was double and triple gobbling. I was all gitty. I went to put my deekoys out in my greenfield and it was then I looked over to see if the deer had left and to my surprise I could see light like a little flashlight it was then I knew someone had put a set up there. I was so mad, I could see red!!! We dont own the corn field any more it was sold to the farmer a few years ago, and I had never seen anyone hunt this field at all, it butts up to our timber where all the birds were!!! They were trying to set up on my birds!!!
I knew at that point I would have to go get set up and get on the turkeys before they came to my field. So I grab my gun, leave my deakoys and go boot scoot down into the timber. I got set up right by the boss gobbler. At this point I got to thinking and was a little concerned with who ever might be in that blind if he just set up in the middle of the wide open what else might they do? I dont think they even knew I was there!! And what if they want to get on these birds and sneak in my woods we could have a major problem!! I was watching the birds on the roost it was great he was strutting and drum-in and goblin his head off. I was loven the show but my thoughts were else where. I kelp looking back over my shoulder to see if anyone was going to sneak up on these birds. As i sat there contemplating on what I was going to do and how to go about all of this. And I dont want to do any calling who knows what might transpire? I seen a hen pitch down and kept my eyes on the boss hog to see where he might pitch down too. He pitched down and went south of me on one of my ridges. I watched them as they headed over my hill, but I knew that if I was sneaky enough, I could back out and go around the other way and cut them off !!! My big problem was still who ever was in that field needs to know I am here!!! So I slipped around to the edge of MY WOODS just to be seen and one of the guys yells out his blind thanks for ruining our hunt! I am thinking I dont want to get in a confortation with who ever it may be. And what does he mean I runied his hunt, HE or I mean THEY messed up mine!!! I have been hunting these woods for about 20 years!!! Oh, talk about mad... I dont ever think I had been that worked up that early in the morning before. I knew them birds were on the back side of my woods and I still had a job to get done, a hunt I wanted to be on!! So I went back to my field and got my phone and coulpe of other items that I may need and head to the back side of the ridge. I pulled out my video camera just to get them on video just in case anything might happen.. I think it pissed them off cause they started to walk over to my field yeppin about something. At this point I dont think even knew was a lady. So I take off my face mask and walk out. And I ask them do you guys have permission to hunt there he said the farmer gave him permission and DO You have permission to hunt there? I just smiled and said yea. He said" he had been driving this way back a forth to work everyday and had seen the birds out in the field", so they asked to hunt. I dont care if they the field but not 80 or 100 straight out from me. I dont want to get SHOT!! I said boys" I had been watching these birds for a the last couple of weeks"( well really it has been years but that is a whole other storie) I had put this birds to bed last night and had been huntin here for years. They told me that they if they come back they would hunt the other end of the corn field... I could go on and on about everything that was said, but my hunt for a turkey is what I am suppose to be wrighting about so I will. After all of that I headed up on the back side of the ridge and did a little listen and I was not hearing much thought I heard a gobble but not sure and if it was it was pretty far away ( your mind can play tricks on ya) we heard what we thought was a hen, but heck at this point it mabey someone else so we snuck though from tree to tree on the back side of this ridge we sat down and did and couple of little yelps and all of a sudden a roar of thunder -GOBBBLE- GOBBLE -GOBBLE came with-in 30 yards they were right there on the side of the ridge. I got my gun ready, and up pops a red head I put my sight right on him, but his head had tree limbs around his head like a triangle it just was not a shot I would want to take, and then out pops another tom he walked right out in front of me in a opening 18 yards. BOOM !!!! I had got him!!! WHAT A RUSH!!! What a morning?? So many highs and lows in the matter of a few hours WOW.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry-guys and gal for the spelling, I was going to do a spell check after I was all done and put in pictures, but instead I pushed submit this post instead!!! I know it is a long story so sorry about that as well... Having a little trouble getting my pictures in going to have to resize them and then post them, I see that more of the team is getting to get out,- GO AND GETEM TEAM!!! Mudchicken- I feel your pain!!!- j76 - the weather will take a turn.- IL-cornfed it looks as if it is your turn now, way to go with your DAD.- greenmachine -I know how that goes! And to all - HAPPY HUNTING AND STAY SAFE GUYS & GAL!!!- My Turkey had a 9 1/4 inch beard and 3/4 inch spurs and he weight 20 pounds.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

congrats again
nicley told made me feel like i was with u huntinlady
ok if i did my part right this is your score
20.0+.750+.750+9.250=
20 +3/4 +3/4 + 9 1/4
Your score is 20 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 18.5 = 53.5

Quick Reply: TEAM #23 -"Full Strut"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.