Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Posting pictures

From the look of that birds head in the picture... I'd say you let him get close enough doall! Good work brother!

Nice work all around... looks like 3/22 was a franchise day for us!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks swamp, and ya I think 322 is my new lucky number
Old 03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job team getting me so pumped to get out there and start chasin birds. Like I said way to go team thats awesome.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

very cool....some awesome stories and birds so far!! congrats to everyone.

here's a copy and paste of my story:

i'm officially addicted....turkeys are my crack...lol.
yesterday was horrible....i got screwed up by this wally and i got a real poor attitude...i was downright nasty....brought on some serious bad turkey karma for myself and i knew it....that made me feel horrible so i got all girly/emotional....it just wasn't a good day.
this morning i woke up in a mood and headed off to the same wma as yesterday...today i was went to where my boyfriend killed his bird yesterday.
i got set up, heard some gobblin'...a lil bit later i hear a gobble behind me...i'm lookin' all around and i finally see red....i started to call him in but a tractor or something spooked him so he started wanderin' away...i wasn't giving up...i decided to belly crawl and get in front of him...well about 5yds into i look up to see where he was and 5 of his longbeard buddies were watchin' me from about 150yds....i could not believe it...for one i have NEVER seen more than one longbeard at a time....2, i never belly crawl....i freaked out....rolled over to the oak i was at and clucked a few times....they knew something was up but they started coming in anyway...well then the tractor starts back up and 4 of the 5 haul butt...i had one still there but i could tell he was getting to bolt so i shot...too far...i missed....at that time i got really mad at myself cause i knew it was too far and shot anyway....i decided to cut them off so i grab my gun, my freak, my dogwood striker and hauled butt...i got settled and waited for about 20 minutes....nothing....i decided to go back to get my decoys and stuff and then go to the fence line where they were most likely going....i get about 100yds from my decoys and i see this guy creepin' from bush to bush/tree to tree....he's all sneaky like and i realized that the stupid idiot was stalkin' my HEN decoys....i about came unglued...i let him know that he'd been busted and that i was leaving....he never said one word to me...but he heard me and saw me...lol...i then realize that i lost my favorite dogwood striker....i'm really upset now....i get my stuff and start walkin' to the fence line...at one point i stopped and looked down and there was my striker....i was thrilled....i get to the fence line only to see 2 of the birds fly over into the woods....agian, i'm still not a happy camper...i call my boyfriend and he doesnt' answer so i call huntnma and start venting to her....i eat, drink some water, and decide to get settled in a better position...my boyfriendcalls back and i'm still not the nicest lil turkey hunter in the woods...i start feelin' all sorry for myself....whining...etc....then i start feelin' bad for having such a crappy attitude....then i'm like "i'm over it, i'll stay five more minutes and then i'm leaving"....as soon as i hung up with jim i hear spittin' and drummin' right behing me...here i am, just got off the phone, no facemask, no gloves...i about freaked....i look over and see this red head in full strut....i grabbed my gun and spun around to the other side of the tree and waited for him to show himself....he took a few more steps and lifted his head and BOOOOOOOOOOOM!! i jumped up and start FREAKING OUT....my entire body started to convulse...i started hyper ventilating...almost passed out...lol....but i got my bird. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And now that i've had a my turkey fix i'm all better....smiling and just a happy lil huntress again!! :lol:

i tried a new shell this year....looks like it worked!! :lol:

Old 03-23-2009, 05:13 PM

WOW gone for the weekend come back 3 birds down way to go just to bad my season dont start for 28 more days.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats to all. Awesome job.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!! I was gone for 3 days and come back and 3 birds down!!!! This is awesome! All bign's to.... Congrats to all of you!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Huntress

Thats is a fantastic story. I told the team you would come through - I had faith in you.

I see you posted the pic and statistics in the success thread. Actually the statistics go into the official scoring thread - I'll be happy to do that, no worries.

Way to go.

How far was that turkey. I shot one at 6 steps years ago and didn't do as much damage as you did.

Mouthcaller

Old 03-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I called the taxidermist today and he said my bear mount should be done before turkey season!!! April 15th.

P.S. THis was a spot and stalk hunt... Not a baited hunt!

I double lunged it at 28 yards and it only made it 10 yards or less!!!

As you can see in the picture... It was STEEP!!! I did a double summer sault going down the hill with my bow on my back on the way down[:@] Nothing got damaged at all! And no it was not on purpose

Old 03-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I'd want to be the man to make you mad huntress.... good lord... I can't think of an adjective or explitive even that will properly describe that one's head! Wow!

Nice story too... I don't know what it is like to be a woman, but I've been around enough of them to know that is about what a woman on an emotional roller coaster goes through. I think its a fine description in print. Congrats!

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.