Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 03-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Posting pictures

Swamp, you hit the nail right on the head. and for the bobblers head.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

lol...it was soooo funny....after i shot and saw that he was down i was over to him in about 2.3 seconds...i went to step on his head but almost got spurred so i backed up a lil bit...he wouldn't stop floppin' soi thought maybe it wasn't a good shot and i'd have to shoot again and then i saw his head was missing...lol...put the gun down at that time and just waited him out...you would have thought that he wouldn't have done the floppy dance for as long as he did but he flopped for a good couple minutes...the entire time i was saying "oh God, oh God, oh God" and then it was "oh God, i shot his head off, oh God, i shot his head off"....the rush of getting this bird was one of the best i've ever had...i usually shake so bad that i can barely stand but this one made me go to my knees....btw, he was at 10yds.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great work guys (and gal)!
Still no sign of birds on the farm I hunt, but it was a hard winter and they are nearby. I'm hoping the farmer will plant before my season ends; turning the soil and spreading seeds helps a lot. I still have over a month to wait, then a month to hunt so it could be two months before I check anything in.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Nice bear HOG. I like how it was a spot and stalk instead of a baited hunt. I can't stand baited hunts!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

you'll get one soon enough...it'll be worth the wait.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

HAHA thanks Doall I don't like them either, but am fine if it's legal and people do cause they really need there population in check here in Oregon... It is not legal though, and if it was, i still wouldn't. I wish they'd allow people to hunt cougars with dogs angain cause there's no other way to hunt those things and there population is way over check!!! They kill 3 to 5 deer a week and there's like over 4000 of them in oregon! You figure... Thats 16,000 deer a week on average!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Spike

I am skipping Agronomy class on friday morning to hunt the Tuskeegee national forest. Ive never hunted it before so me and a buddy are going in blind. Wish us luck. Then Saturday and Sunday it is back to the military base with my brothers. Mybe this weekend will be as lucky for me as the last.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

GO get em!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Tennessee's statewide season starts tomorrow. Weather is crappy today and tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and windy. Not really what I wanted to hear from the weatherman.

Rain or shine doall and I will be our there at before daybreak waiting for that first gobble.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool! Hope the weather is good over there!

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.