Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 03-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Spike

Default RE: Posting pictures

Hello everyone just checking in My season won't start till April 17 so i still have a while.Just wanna say good luck to everyone.I see some are getting ready to start.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks bang flop!

Our general doesn't start till the 15 either.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

No ones posted anything on here all day Thought I'd bring it back to the top.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

Everyone is probably either hunting or working.

Hopefully Weston will bring us a picture of that double-bearded gobbler he called in for his little brother.

Huntress - what's going on in FL?

mouthcaller
Old 03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Be gone all weekend down in tenn good luck team
Old 03-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mouthcaller

Everyone is probably either hunting or working.

Its NCAA tourney time (i've missed one on my bracket as of 10pm Thursday.... hopefully VCU won't let me down....). Not to mention I had a lunch date today that turned into an all afternoon affair (not the figurative affair... I'm uncommitted....the date just carried itself on.... and thats cool with me).

As of right now... I have no place to hunt... and with my bow basically shooting sideways (the cam at full draw leans OUTSIDE of the limb.... and HCA is being retarded about it).... my season is not off to a good start. Thats usually how it goes.... we are right on par currently.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey all, just checkin back in cause I haven't been around a lot, but don't worry, I'll put in my time, just tough cause the turkey grounds are a good drive away and my season does not open for over a month still. I'll be up there setting up a few cameras tomorrow.
The farmer hasn't seen much around, but we still have snow. The birds are still grouped up in the cedars and on other farms, they will disperse soon (I hope).
Good luck to those out already!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm taking off for a few days... Going trout fishing!!! Also gotta do some work while I am there... I'll get some pics up when I get back! Bye.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys, I messed up. I got anxoius on a longebeard this mornin' andshot at him out of range. We walked in to a freind of ours land and turns out there was a arsonist fire on his property, that is what he says.But it was asmall fire, the flames only 1-3 ft of the ground and it wasn't like some raging wild firein California. So anyway we got away from it and listenedin a field close to a powerline.We, mouthcaller and I, heard a group of jakes and one gobblerthat seemed to be roosted above the fire. He was in a woods close to the powereline field so we set up in it. The reasons are, A: we have a B-moble and4 hens, B: it's a powerline field that stretches 450 yds both ways. so if he stepped out he'dsee the decoys. After we set the decoys upI got inone of the land owners box blinds lokkingacross the field. This tom stepped put at 250 yards and when he saw the decoys he went into a srut. He started walking and struttin All ther way to about 50ydsand to me, with him being in a field and there werer plenty of little valleys and knolls, he looked 30yds. Well, he wasn't. I shot twice and didn't touch a feather. So after that what littlegobbling there was shutup at 7:30 and we didn't see or hear anything else. Lesson learned. If he's comin to decoys just let him come. Oh well I'm going tommorow and hopefully I'll get lucky againand not mess up. [:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 03-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, Doall got a little antsey. Happens to all of us. The set-up was perfect and this was a dead turkey walking -Peter just needed to hold off and let him come another 20 yards. B-Mobile was pulling him likehe was on aproverbial string.

It didn't appear that hehurt the turkey so maybe we'll get another encounter with him later in the season.

Lessons learned I believe. When the turkey is coming justlet him come on.

Had a great hunt this morning on another farm. Too many strutters and hens actually. At one time we had 6 strutters about 150 yards in front of us with 23 hens. The gobblers haven't yet (my opinion) completely established dominance because they seemed more interested in chasing each other around than courting the hens. Hopefully they will have a big brawl this week and get split up prior to Saturday's opening of the statewide season. Lots of action however. Maybe this afternoon doall will connect. I want to see a flopper.

Mouthcaller

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.