Dang ,your computer is alive.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Contest trash talk

I agree, keep the freaks[&:] My submission is #4 with a good double beard
Old 05-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry i aint been on in awhile boys. but after turkey season my second job in home repair really starts kicking in. this is the first day i have had off since season ended.

I aint goin nowhere but just wanted to congratulate everyone that was lucky enough to harvest a bird. remember to be thankful that we are allowed to enjoy this wonderful sport.

Thanks to all for making it a fun contest and thanks especially to JW and Arrowmaster for running the contest with great effenciency. You guys did a wonderful job once again and cant wait till fall season kicks up.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Yes but - we have the Big Bird Contest - and can Split that to Typical and Non-typical like I did and I did break it out via specie -

What I am asking that the 11 man event be 1 bird per man with the longest beard (no addition of extras). That would keep it more even

Then we also have total birds taken by every team member added......

So actually there are several ways that if one is so lucky - gets you bragging rights......

And as far as keeping the winning team together - I am haveing second thoughts on that too.....

All teams where randomly picked for the first 20 - the last 6 where not but assigned as they signed in which -WILL NOT HAPPEN NEXT SPRING - trust me it won't.

The contest IMO has gone very smooth with very few hic-ups. A few went missing to which we re-assigned. All teams where kept at an equal number which made it easier for us to coordinate as far as scoring. Next year we will need Captain phone numbers so if you go MIA - we want to know why - so we can ask someone else. I know everyone has other lives - other interests that takes you away from volunteered tasks.

And the Contest Trash Talk went better than I had expected and I congratulate each and every one of you who was part of this. It stayed very civil and yet was great fun!

But those are some of my musings to which Ole bent Arrowmaster and I will confer........

JW
Old 05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JW!

Yes but - we have the Big Bird Contest - and can Split that to Typical and Non-typical like I did and I did break it out via specie -

What I am asking that the 11 man event be 1 bird per man with the longest beard (no addition of extras). That would keep it more even

Then we also have total birds taken by every team member added......

So actually there are several ways that if one is so lucky - gets you bragging rights......

And as far as keeping the winning team together - I am haveing second thoughts on that too.....

All teams where randomly picked for the first 20 - the last 6 where not but assigned as they signed in which -WILL NOT HAPPEN NEXT SPRING - trust me it won't.

The contest IMO has gone very smooth with very few hic-ups. A few went missing to which we re-assigned. All teams where kept at an equal number which made it easier for us to coordinate as far as scoring. Next year we will need Captain phone numbers so if you go MIA - we want to know why - so we can ask someone else. I know everyone has other lives - other interests that takes you away from volunteered tasks.

And the Contest Trash Talk went better than I had expected and I congratulate each and every one of you who was part of this. It stayed very civil and yet was great fun!

But those are some of my musings to which Ole bent Arrowmaster and I will confer........

JW

Even though you and arrow are running this and did a fine job at it i must say.I really like it the way it is but that is JMO.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now being this is trash talk still, to all the regulars on here except JW this is what you all are doing when
you check the scores,and see Team 17 Fandamonium You are only gonna have to look up till june 7th.[8D]
Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where is fire,Pat Ely and hh76.No doubt getting all their turkey stuff ready for the town wide yard sale.[8D]
Old 05-19-2009, 02:18 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Or already inthe trash HJ and they took the Oath never to step in the turkey woods again!

They got Whupped!

JW

Quick Reply: Contest trash talk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.