HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Contest trash talk
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
hunting junkie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Contest trash talk

ORIGINAL: JW!

Yes but - we have the Big Bird Contest - and can Split that to Typical and Non-typical like I did and I did break it out via specie -

What I am asking that the 11 man event be 1 bird per man with the longest beard (no addition of extras). That would keep it more even

Then we also have total birds taken by every team member added......

So actually there are several ways that if one is so lucky - gets you bragging rights......

And as far as keeping the winning team together - I am haveing second thoughts on that too.....

All teams where randomly picked for the first 20 - the last 6 where not but assigned as they signed in which -WILL NOT HAPPEN NEXT SPRING - trust me it won't.

The contest IMO has gone very smooth with very few hic-ups. A few went missing to which we re-assigned. All teams where kept at an equal number which made it easier for us to coordinate as far as scoring. Next year we will need Captain phone numbers so if you go MIA - we want to know why - so we can ask someone else. I know everyone has other lives - other interests that takes you away from volunteered tasks.

And the Contest Trash Talk went better than I had expected and I congratulate each and every one of you who was part of this. It stayed very civil and yet was great fun!

But those are some of my musings to which Ole bent Arrowmaster and I will confer........

JW

Even though you and arrow are running this and did a fine job at it i must say.I really like it the way it is but that is JMO.