Check in by putting checked in next to your name ..... and welcome to the winning team ;) Team 11 1 blackjeep04 2 buckeyehntr5 3 camokenny 4 Crow31 5 cwillard 6 Doublebeard1 7..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Official Team 11 **The Purrrrty Boys** Thread >

Official Team 11 **The Purrrrty Boys** Thread

Community

Official Team 11 **The Purrrrty Boys** Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 11 **The Purrrrty Boys** Thread

Did you get the stickers sent? I can't wait to proudly display them.
When do they start the deer contest and do you get in that ? Archery and firearms.
It would be fun to get on a team with you again. This has been fun this spring with the contest and all the chat that the contest brings out. If only more members were active in the thread would it have been anymore fun.
Thanks again ken, I hope we can get on a team together again sometime.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't ever done the deer contest gun. But will be signing up this year. I am always in the archery contest though. It is a blast when you get enough active members to participate. I think we did good with what we had.

I did get the stickers out on Monday or Tuesday, can't remember what day for sure. I'm sure some have already arrived to where they are going by now.

Thanks to everyone who participated this year! I had a lot of fun being your guys captain. Hope everyone enjoyed turkey season, and you can drop me a pm anytime that you need something. I will randomly check this thread a few more times and see if anyone posts up. If you get your stickers I hope you willpost up and let me know they arrived in good shape.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

ken, I did recieve my sticker in the mail on friday, thank you.
I will be looking out for the signup to come out in the archery and gun deer contest, I will be signing up for both.
I wish I had been on this site last fall and signed up for them as I had a great deer season. 180" gross archery buck (4th place in the Iowa whitetail classic) and 2 bucks over 135" gross with gun, shotgun and muzzleloader.
It would be fun to find myself on a team with you again. I would only hope that others on the team were as active as we have been on this team.
Thanks for everything that you have done on this team.
Kenny
Old 06-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think some of what hurt us was having a couple members that had less then 20 posts. Our late addition I think only has like 8 posts total on the board. Usually from my experience you can hit a pretty good archery team. I don't know about the gun contest. But in the archery usually you get everyone to participate. I know I have only been on one team that was shady and only had 2-4 members put up a deer. I have never been on the winning team, but I know it will take a active team to beat the Dark Horses. They have won two years in a row, and just about everyone on the team tags a deer. That is the key just like in this turkey contest. Not everyone has to kill a 130" deer on the team, if everyone takes a deer you got a good shot at winning. A couple stud deer being taken on the team is the bonus and can put you over the top for sure.

But yeah, I certainly hope to run into you on another team around here. Here's to hoping anyway.