Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers" >

Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Community

Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Old 03-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 6 Check-in Thread

Can't wait to see what he comes up with.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Normally hes very creative and does a good job at what he does, so im hoping its not a disappointment. Fortunately, its not the avatar thats going to make this team #1, right?!!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck no!!~!!!!! It'll be your big gobbler that does that.[8D]
Old 03-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Heck no!!~!!!!! It'll be your big gobbler that does that.[8D]
I hope mine and everyone elses! Im hoping this year for my first multibearded tom, or atleast something 10" or bigger. Ive never shot a tom with a beard longer than 9.5". Never.

But just for my brothers info, are we referring Gobblestoppers to the candy Gobstoppers? Might be a dumb question, but he wants to know. Thanks
Old 03-02-2009, 04:10 PM

I'm ready to win this thing too! I got turkey on the brain!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I told someone the other day that the most rewarding thing to me is a turkey (shooting one). She didnt understand, seems like no one other than turkey hunter do. Even more so than getting a deer. Dont know what it is, but i just feel like its such an accomplishment when your carrying that turkey out of the woods.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am ready for season to start. I am giving a speech on turkey hunting, it should be the easiest speech i ever give.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 PM

I know what you are talking about when I moved from to a big school it was very hard to explain how I felt after taking game. Only people that have done it know how it feels. Just like everyone else I am also hopeing to take a nice gobbler the biggest one I have shot had a 10 1/8 beard and the second was 9 1/4. What about everyone else on this team?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

But just for my brothers info, are we referring Gobblestoppers to the candy Gobstoppers? Might be a dumb question, but he wants to know. Thanks
Not the candy.....just the action of us stopping the gobble by killing the source. If he came up with something like a Gobbling turkey with a hunter in the background ready to strike it might be cool.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jome1

I know what you are talking about when I moved from to a big school it was very hard to explain how I felt after taking game. Only people that have done it know how it feels. Just like everyone else I am also hopeing to take a nice gobbler the biggest one I have shot had a 10 1/8 beard and the second was 9 1/4. What about everyone else on this team?

Biggest was probably 20lbs, 9.5" beard, 1" spurs. Never shot one heavier than 20#. Not one bigger than 9.5" beard. And no spurs bigger than 1". Basically, every turkey i shoot is about the same as the one before. But each one is very exciting!

Quick Reply: Team 6 - "Gobble Stoppers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.