Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 5: Team Overload Thread >

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Good evening boys. Let's get a couple more birds down and put this contest in the bag[8D]. I'll be out both days this weekend, trying to get a kill on film with my buddy. I'll be at the same farm I killed on with the shotgun, only this time, I'll be bowhunting. I got my eye on a tom that's roosting close to where I'm gonna set up my blind.. He's coming to strut in a field, that my blind's in. He's the tallest gobbler I've ever seen, with an absolute paintbrush. Got a good look at him a couple times last Saturday, he's got at least a 12 incher. Hopefully I put him on the ground, but if not, any legalbird will do

EDIT: I won't be killing this bird, he got his first truck ride this morning, in the back of my dad's . He hasn't measured anything yet, but he says probably an 11 inch beard, and 1 1/2 inch spurs.. I was pumped for him!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rory!! Tell you Dad to stop shooting our contest birds!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rory---congrats to him, sounds like a beast of a turkey.Good luck this weekend. I'll be out both days also, one to try and get my littlebrother an Ohio bird, and one day going after those Indiana birds again... So far they've beenlaughing atme I think.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got the whole story and saw the bird from my dad when I got home.. He said the bird was strutting 20 yards from where my blind's gonna be . 25 pounds, 1 1/2" spurs, 12" beard. Damn, almost for me. He said there's no shortage of birds roosting close to where I'll be set, and they like to come strut where I'll be. I can't wait. Adam, it's your weekend in Indiana bro, you're gonna get a giant down. good luck.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man what a a bird, he'll go 70 NWTF for sure.

I will be out on Saturday and Sunday to try and get my bird, then not again until next Friday boys. Hopefully all the pieces fall into place.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh and we have dropped to lucky place #13 at the moment. Were gonna need at least 4 more birds to have a chance at this contest,

I know NC is done,

HH, irhunter and myself reallyneed to get it done,

And then all the other more quieter members can chime in at any time

Remember, as long as were having fun that's all that matters!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

i am workin on it boys been huntin almost every day i am bound to get my hoosier bird soon i hope then next week i am off to michigan for 4 days
Old 04-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hoosierHUNTER76

i am workin on it boys been huntin almost every day i am bound to get my hoosier bird soon i hope then next week i am off to michigan for 4 days
Hoosier birds are kickin my .....I'm thankfulfor the Ohio property because without it,my turkey sightings in Indiana wouldbe 1 jake and 2 hens [:-].

Good luck to you guys, you'll get em..
Old 05-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck this weekend everyone, I'll be back Sunday afternoon or night. Im gonna try and sneak around to the other side of where they're roosting, hopefully I'll atleast see where they go. Who knows
Old 05-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just stepped in from my morning hunt. Had what appears to be a big double beard bird at the same farm Tyler got his at on video for awhile, but he would leave his ladies. Me and my brother are heading out again to our secret spot as we speak. Good luck all!

Quick Reply: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.