Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 5: Team Overload Thread >

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Community

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Hey whatever works!

Seriously your kill today has got me absolutley fired up. I'm bouncing of the walls waiting forMay 13th. Something about turkey hunting that drives me crazy. I don't get this fired up for any other opener.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Getting a little better here. Their was actually snow in the forecast this morning so i slept in and didn't hit the woods till after 10.I went to a place i know they like to hang out in the mid-morning hours and sure enough, i had 3-4 gobbles respond to my mouth call (im pretty sure at least 2 were jakes). They were 200 yards away though on the opposite side if a ravine. So i left the dekes and made my way up to the other side after a few minutes. I called from their awhile and got no response, then a crow flew by and a jake shock gobbled from prolly 50 yards off through the woods. After that zilch. These birds are edgy as hell right now and wont stand for nothing, they also had a bunch of hens with them. Things are starting too look up though, and the next 4 days the weather is supposed to be immaculate. Ill keep thinking good thoughts.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, and thanks to Adam's bird, we moved up from 18th to 14th place today

One moregobbler will most likely break us into the top 10
Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slept in! Come on now! j/k My buddy killed a bird 2 years ago in knee deep snow but he said they were as active as if it were 70 and sunny out.

Sounds like birds are henned up. Might be a little tough sooner than later a loney tom will cross your path. How long is your season over there?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lrhuntr

Slept in! Come on now! j/k My buddy killed a bird 2 years ago in knee deep snow but he said they were as active as if it were 70 and sunny out.

Sounds like birds are henned up. Might be a little tough sooner than later a loney tom will cross your path. How long is your season over there?
Late May. I already can tell late season will be better then early season. Like i said the next 4 days will be really nice, and im going to try and hit up a few new areas. The birds are their (though not always in the spots i thought they would be?) they are just hennedup.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I finally get to hunt on Saturday
Old 04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice...Yea the weather looks awesome here for the next 4 days, high 70's, possibly low 80's.. I hope the mornings stay cool though
Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man I wish the weather on Saturday was looking better for here.. Supposed to be really windy. Sunday's looking great though. Hopefully they're wrong about Saturday and right about Sunday. Not sure which farm I'll go to yet, I'm sure I'll decide at the very last minute.
Caleb, it's gonna happen any day bro. We're gonna start knocking birds down left and right, I can feel it.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

well guys had a good opening day didn't kill one but i did pass on one at 20 yards had about an 8 inch beard and i know i can do better see
what happens in the morning
Old 04-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to ya, sounds like you're going after a big boy. Where in Indiana are you hunting?

Quick Reply: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.