Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 5: Team Overload Thread >

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Community

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Howdy team,

Trout fishing went well, the rivers weren't as stocked as years past andeveryone numbers were down.I only had a handful of bites and thefishing highlight of the weekend was my line getting broke by an absolute MONSTER brownie. Im talking 20+ inches.No harm done though, got me hooked for life that fish did . I ended up spending most of my time with beer and cornhole .

For those wondering, i was fishing the Tionesta river and some smaller streams around the area. Ill post up some pics here tomorrow.

On to turkey hunting, the moment we got home today i took my brother and a buddy out youth hunting on our property to roost some birds. We heard 4-5 gobbling a few hundred yards out and im pretty sure i can pin point where they flew up for the morning. the b-mobile will get its first action No camera though because its supposed to rain.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ended up spending most of my time with beer and cornhole .
That sounds like a mighty fine time right there.

Good luck to ya buddy.

BTW.... a 20" Brownie? That's aminnow around here! [8D]
Old 04-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

WELL TURKEYS 1 ME AND MY SON 0. WE WENT YESTERDAY AND HAD TWO HENS ALMOST IN OUR LAP. THE TOMS WHERE HENED UP AND WENT THE OTHER WAY. WE SPENT MOST OF THE DAY RUNNING AND GUNNING WITH NO LUCK. MY SON IS 9 AND AFTER YESTERDAY HE LEARNED THAT TURKEY HUNTING IS MORE THEN JUST SITTING IN A BLIND ALL DAY.
GOOD HUNTING.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Opening morning was a bust guys. I woke up feeling sick as hell, and took some meds before trudging out in the rain. I wasnt to confident with my setup, but i had to go withmy info from the evening before. Once it started to get light, 4-5 birds started gobbling from about 150-200 yards in front of me. I was giving the occasional call with my Primos Wetbox, but i dont think they could hear me very well. Once it got light out though the birds went silent [:@][:@][:@]. I switched to my Zink mouth call and got no reply. Me and my brother then tried to sneak up into a feild to see if they were strutting, and ended up getting spotted by a hen from 120 yards in the pouring rain through trees and bushes. How she saw us (cuz their is no way she heard us) i will never know. We got back around 8 cuz it was really pouring, and i laid down to rest a minute and ended up sleeping till past noon. Ill be out agian in the morning.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's why they make the season longer than 1 day.

You'll get em' soon enough.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea thats gotta be tough in the rain..Its been pouring buckets of raindown here the last few days, and will tomorrow too..But I'm thinking when it clears up they'll be more active. I'll be out for the first time tomorrow morning though, can't wait.

Good luck guys
Old 04-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind hunting in rain. It's the wind that I hate.

Turkeys will flock to fields when it's raining, atleast this is what I've observed. Since they can't hear danger aswell with the rain falling they find big open spaces so nothing can sneek up on them easily. Wind has the same effects somewhatbut if your hunting in that you might aswell leave your calls in the truck, they ain't ever gonna hear ya.

Nothing beats a sunny, clear, and calm morning tho.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well boys, no rain in the forecast till 11 here. Im just getting ready to slip out to the spot where my brother killed his first ever gobbler on film. Ill let you guys know whats upand the ones with my #, you better be waiting for that text

Good luck all!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, this morning was one of the best mornings of my entire life. Never have I had a bigger adrenaline rush. Not even my first bowkill deer compares to this morning. My first gobbler down!!!!!!!!!!!Measurements and story to come, I have to run and take an exam right now... Ohio Gobbler Down Baby! Nothing like the 1st.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Freaking right on Adam! Boom! Another bird down!!!!!!!!!!!

For me, not so good. We had beautiful weather, and i was pumped for this morning. But 6 rolled on to 7 and then 7 rolled on to 8 and still not a single gobble! I did some light calling here and there but nothing. I then switched over to my property and wouldn't ya know it i bumped a flock of turkeys on the way in [:@]. Couldn't tell if their was any longbeards, but i didn't have the best look. I tried getting in front of them to no prevail, and then i decided to hit up the blind and call for awhile. After awhile i decided to call it quits. In the process, then fan on my B-mobile broke [:@][:@].

So far 2009 is doing worse then 2008 which was worse then 2007 [:@][:@]

I need something to change my luck around bad.

Quick Reply: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.